Before having a baby I (naively) thought that there wasn’t much to think about, surely all baby clothes are practical, comfortable and much the same. How wrong I was!
Here are 5 things I didn’t know about baby clothes until I had a baby…
1. That you can buy newborn, small baby, 0-3 months clothes and they all mean different things! I thought baby clothes just meant baby clothes. With my first I found this a total minefield, so stocked up on all 3 just in case. Turns out some 0-3 are huge, and the small baby stuff we brought only got used for about 2 weeks.
2. Baby vests go down the body as well as over the head! I didn’t realise this until my second was 6 months old!!! Before this I had actually cut my children out of vests covered in poo. This tip saved us a fortune and a lot of cleaning up!
3. Things with cute buttons on are actually not cute at all! They are just more ways to make baby clothes very confusing and more fiddly! Especially when there are buttons instead of poppers. That’s the last thing you need during the (very frequent) nappy changes.
4. Baby pockets are entirely pointless and just another place that collects baby sick/ snot or milk.
5. Baby socks are harder to keep on than you think!
Being a parent has taught me a lot, but I didn’t expect to learn so much about baby clothes as part of the learning curve!
What have you learnt about baby clothes and what things on baby clothes do you find annoying?
* I even launched a range of baby vests since becoming a parent, which don’t fall into any of the traps above and challenge some peoples views of babies. Feel free to browse and let me know your thoughts, or other vests you would like to see.